Living in Des Moines
Des Moines tops the list
We think living and working in Des Moines is great. But don't just take our word for it. Nationally, both Des Moines and Iowa have been recognized in a variety of ways, proving it is a great place for many reasons.
Here's how we've ranked.
- “World Festival and Event City” (International Festivals and Events Association, 2017)
- #7 Place Where Jobs Will Be In 2018 (Forbes, 2017)
- #3 Most Popular City for Millennial Homebuyers (Lending Tree, 2017)
- #5 Best Place for Business and Careers (Forbes, 2017)
- #1 Minor League Sports Market (SportsBusiness Journal, 2017)
- #4 Top City for Real Estate in the Midwest (PwC, 2017)
- #1 Best Place for Millennials to Live in the Midwest (Growella, 2017)
- #1 Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
- #4 Best Place for Children (SmartAsset, 2017)
- #3 Best Place to Live with a Low Cost of Living (Business Insider, 2017)
- #7 Most Charitable City (CNBC, 2017)
- #9 Best Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)